Beauty is in the eye of the bowl-holder! Load up your smoothie with gut-friendly, digestive enzymes, vitamins and minerals that will get your skin glowing and keep your belly full and satisfied for a busy day ahead.
Did you know just one papaya contains more than 200% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C and is also high in antioxidants like beta carotene, Vitamin A and E? So, maybe you won't use an entire papaya in this recipe, but those are some nutritional values we get excited about! Papaya is great for your immunity, protecting skin from aging, wrinkles, and lowering stress and menstrual pains.
It's no secret that we love to add spirulina to just about anything we can, and this smoothie bowl is no different! As one of the most nutrient dense superfoods on the planet, and an amazing source of vegan protein, we can't think of a better addition to this tropical treat. Spirulina also helps reduce inflammation that can make skin appear red, blotchy or irritated, while also reducing those unwanted break-outs. For more spirulina health benefits, read more here
What you'll need:
- 1/2 papaya (de-seeded & peeled from rind)
- 2 tsp. Yourlixir Spirulina powder
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 banana
- A wedge of lime
- *Optional - fruit & granola toppings
- Halve papaya, remove seeds and cut into chunks (remove skin)
- Add all ingredients, expect the lime wedge, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite fruits or granola.
- Squeeze the wedge of lime on top and ENJOY!
Need some inspo? Look no further!
Got a superfood recipe you love to make? Comment below with your favorite recipe and you could be featured next!
Share your spirulina beauty bowl creation on IG and TAG US! We repost!