This simple yet delectable recipe is perfect for fighting morning brain fog and giving your mind and body a healthy jumpstart on your day with an added touch of protein. Better yet, this is one of the most easy recipes to execute and if you make enough for the whole week, they’re super convenient for life on the go!
Matcha comes from the green tea plant and has been used for centuries for its potent health and energy giving properties. You’ll get an added boost of protein and vitamins from our rich spirulina power, giving you everything you’ll need for a nutritious breakfast or mid-day snack.
What you’ll need:
*Makes about 15-20 energy balls depending on size
- 1 tbsp Yourlixir Matcha Powder
- 1 tsp Yourlixir Spirulina Powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 5 dates (pitted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (*feel free to add more or less)
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- Mix the dry ingredients first (unless using a food processor) - Very important!
- Unless using a high quality food processor, it's recommended to soak the dates in hot or boiling water for 5-10 minutes until soft before adding to the mixture
- Add both wet and dry ingredients to a food processor or blender and mix well
- Form the mixture into approximately 1” balls and place them on parchment paper (use a drop of water on your fingers to prevent sticking while rolling the balls)
- Place in the refrigerator until firm
*Store in an airtight container in the fridge for freshness