Sometimes our taste buds just can't make up their minds. Do they want sweet or savory...creamy or crunchy? Well, why not have the best of both worlds with this satisfying and healthy sweet potato recipe?
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 2 large organic sweet potatoes (about 1lb each), halved lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp salt (divided)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped sage
- 1 tsp (1 packet) Yourlixir Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup Gr8nola Golden Turmeric
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season sweet potatoes with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Place the cut side down on the baking sheet and bake until the insides are soft (approx. 45 to 55 minutes).
- While the sweet potatoes bake, heat butter on the stovetop in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallot, garlic, sage and allspice. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Scoop out the sweet potato from the halves into a bowl, leaving about 1/2-inch layer inside skins and set the skins aside.
- Mash sweet potatoes with Yourlixir turmeric powder, maple syrup and the leftover salt, then add the garlic butter mixture.
- Add the mixture back to the skins and top each with Gr8nola Golden Turmeric . Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
*Pair with a Golden Mylk Latte!